[E-rundbrief] Info 2110 - Dinucci: The Art of War - in the Black Sea

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Fr Jul 2 16:38:19 CEST 2021

E-Rundbrief Info 2110 - Manlio Dinucci (I): The Art of War. Atlantic
stormwind in the Black Sea.

Bad Ischl, 2.7.2021

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

The Art of War

Atlantic stormwind in the Black Sea

Manlio Dinucci

29.6.2021

il manifesto

The large aeronaval maneuver Sea Breeze, officially "co-hosted by the
United States and Ukraine" in the Black Sea, began yesterday. The
United States planned and command it, US is, therefore, the host in
this sea close to Russian territory. Sea Breeze is taking place from
June 28 to July 10. The maneuver is led by the US / African Naval
Forces with headquarters in Naples and includes the Sixth Fleet. It
includes naval, submarine, amphibious, land, and air warfare exercises.

Since this series of annual maneuvers in the Black Sea began in 1997,
the 2021 edition sees the largest number of participants: 32 countries
from six continents with 5,000 soldiers, 18 special forces teams, 32
ships, and 40 war airplanes. Not only NATO member countries - Italy,
Great Britain, France, Spain, Greece, Norway, Denmark, Poland,
Bulgaria, Romania, Albania, the three Baltic Republics, Turkey and
Canada – participate in it, but partner countries like Georgia,
Moldova, Sweden, Israel, and above all Ukraine. Other nations sent
their military forces to the Black Sea including Australia, Japan,
South Korea and Pakistan, the United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Tunisia,
Morocco and Senegal, and Brazil. The fact that military forces are
deployed in the Black Sea, even from Australia and Brazil for this
great maneuver under US command directed against Russia is in line
with what Joe Biden promised: "As president, I will immediately take
steps to renew the alliances of the United States, and make America,
once again, lead the world”. The war maneuver in the Black Sea, the
largest to date, demonstrates that President Biden's steps go in the
direction of a growing escalation against Russia and at the same time
against China.

Sea Breeze 2021 actually began on June 23, when the British warship
HMS Defender sailing from Ukraine to Georgia entered Crimea’s
territorial waters. A deliberate provocative act claimed by Prime
Minister Boris Johnson, who declared that Great Britain can again send
its warships to those waters since it does not recognize the
"annexation of Ukrainian Crimea by Russia". This hostile action,
certainly concerted with the United States, was implemented just a
week after the Biden-Putin Summit, defined by the US president "good,
positive"; a week after Russian President Putin warned in the press
conference in Geneva: "We conduct military exercises within our
territory, we do not bring our equipment and personnel close to the
borders of the United States of America, as the US and its partners
are doing now near our borders”. This hostile action was implemented
by Great Britain just two weeks after the signing of the New Atlantic
Charter with the United States, in which their Allies are assured that
they will always be able to rely on "our nuclear deterrents" and that
"NATO will remain a nuclear alliance”.

The deliberate violation of Crimean territorial waters made the war
maneuver in the Black Sea even more dangerous. If this action is
repeated, may have the aim of provoking a Russian military response
possibly with some dead or wounded to accuse Moscow of aggression. It
is not a coincidence that some architects of the Maidan Square putsch
in 2014 hold important posts in the Biden Administration, such as the
current Undersecretary of State for Political Affairs, Victoria
Nuland. The putsch set in motion a sequence of events, the bloody
offensive against the Russians of Ukraine pushed the inhabitants of
Crimea - this Russian territory passed to Ukraine during Soviet times
in 1954 - to decide the secession from Kyiv and the re-annexation to
Russia with 97% of votes in a popular referendum. NATO and the EU
accused Russia of having illegally annexed Crimea and subjected the
country to sanctions. Now, they want to move from political to
military confrontation. They play with fire, even with the nuclear one.

(il manifesto, June 29, 2021)

Copied from:

Information list of the network No to War - No to NATO
www.no-to-nato.org

--

     Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
     Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit