[E-rundbrief] Info 1934 - Protests against Trumps Israel-plan

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Di Feb 4 14:44:17 CET 2020

E-Rundbrief Info 1934 - Gush Shalom (Israel):  Tel Aviv condemns in a
rally Trump plan as ‘Apartheid’ and ‘Population Transfer’, Left-wing
politicians addressed in Tel Aviv a Saturday night rally against the
“Deal of the Century,” which they said is a plan for “transfer” and
“apartheid.”

Bad Ischl, 4.2.2020

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Gush Shalom

http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/events/1464389870

  Tel Aviv condemns in a rally Trump plan as ‘Apartheid’ and
‘Population Transfer’

Left-wing politicians addressed in Tel Aviv a Saturday night rally
against the “Deal of the Century,” which they said is a plan for
“transfer” and “apartheid.”

“This isn’t a peace plan – it’s not even a plan,” Meretz MK Tamar
Zandberg said. It’s a recipe for annexation, transfer, violence and
apartheid, she told the activists who attended the rally.

True peace can only be achieved between the Israeli and Palestinian
leadership and not between two leaders, one who is facing impeachment
and the other who is facing criminal charges, Zandberg said.

Peace Now organized the event, which included a march and a rally. The
Israeli Left opposes US President Donald Trump’s peace plan, in part
because it calls for redrawing the map of sovereign Israel in such a
way that the Arab-Israeli communities in the Triangle area would be
excluded from the State of Israel and included in a Palestinian state.
They are also against the plan because it allows for unilateral
annexation and puts forward what they believe is a nonviable vision of
a Palestinian state.

Joint List MK Aida Touma-Sliman recalled watching the unveiling of the
plan, which took place at the White House with Trump and Prime
Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

“When I saw Trump and Netanyahu present their plan in a room filled
with the rich, filled with men, filled with settlers and almost no
women and no Palestinians, a deep worry rose in my heart,” she said.
“I was concerned about the realization of their brutal plan.”

“But when I see all of us here, I believe that together we can stop
this plan. They have money, they have power, they have armies and all
the instruments of control. But justice is on our side,” Touma-Sliman
said. “We have hope for a better future,” she added. On Friday, the
UK, one of the 15 UN Security Council member states, spoke out against
any Israeli attempts to unilaterally annex portions of the West Bank.
“Any such unilateral moves would be damaging to renewed efforts to
restart peace negotiations and contrary to international law,” British
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab said. “Any changes to the status quo
cannot be taken forward without an agreement negotiated by the parties
themselves.”

https://www.jpost.com/Israel-News/Left-rallies-in-Tel-Aviv-against-apartheid-transfer-plan-616167

Emergency demonstration: Yes to real peace, no to the Trump-Netanyahu
annexation deal! Tel Aviv, Sat. Feb 1

This is the time for action, the time to stand up and be counted.
Tomorrow night, February 1, we will meet at 19:00 at the Dizengoff
Square in Tel Aviv. From there we will embark on an emergency march
through the streets of Tel Aviv , to demand the one thing that will
ensure a life of security for us, our families, our children:
negotiations to end the occupation and a peace between two free and
sovereign states, Israel and Palestine.

The Trump-Netanyahu Plan is dangerous for all of us, Israelis and
Palestinians - to the future of both peoples. A peace agreement is
something which both sides share and agree on, which will bring
justice and resolution to the conflict. The Trump-Netanyahu Plan is
nothing of the kind. It is a one-sided annexation deal that is forced
upon us from afar. It gives the Government of Israel licence to acts
of infamy - annexations on the West Bank, fulfilling the dictates of
the most extreme settlers, and depriving Israeli citizenship from
hundreds of thousands of Arab citizens who live in the Wadi Ara and
Triangle regions.

     This is a moment of trial, a red alert. Trump and Netanyahu have
placed all of us on the path to a future of endless violence,
bloodshed and grief. In the future that they are trying to force upon
us, Palestinians and Israelis will continue to suffer and no one will
live in security. They called it a "a peace plan" but it is a scam -
it is the same harsh occupation we have known for decades, reinforced
by annexation. Our actions over the next few days will determine
whether they will succeed in their scheme. We will not sit aside - and
we need each and every one of you with us!

See you tomorrow night on the Dizengoff Square - this is the time to
stand up and be counted!

Not peace, but Apartheid: A brief response to the “Trump Plan”

What has changed today? The reality on the ground is already one of
full Israeli control over the entire area between the Jordan River and
the Mediterranean Sea and everyone living in it. It is a reality of
one, inherently undemocratic, state. And so, the main change today is
that Israel and the Trump administration are taking a step further in
laying bare their intention to perpetuate this reality. This clarity
significantly reduces the gap between the situation as it is, and the
euphemistic terms used to describe it.

What hasn’t changed today? Tomorrow, there will still be 14 million
people living between the Jordan River and the Mediterranean Sea, five
million of them Palestinian subjects who have no political rights. And
all of us here, in one way or another, will remain under the rule of
the same government in Jerusalem, a government that works relentlessly
to advance the supremacy of one people at the expense of the other,
while continually trampling its rights underfoot.

And the future? What the Palestinians are being offered right now is
not rights or a state, but a permanent state of Apartheid. No amount
of marketing can erase this disgrace or blur the facts. But, the
painful facts of today give rise to hope for the future, the only
future that can genuinely offer peace. A future not based on supremacy
for some and oppression for others, but on full equality, liberty,
dignity, and rights for all.

That day will come.

Hagai El-Ad B’Tselem Executive Director

Our mailing address is B'Tselem, The Israeli Information Center for
Human Rights in the Occupied Territories P.O. Box 53132, Jerusalem 9153002

--

     Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
     Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit