[E-rundbrief] Info 1885 - Indigenous Women Mobilize to Resist Bolsonaro

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Do Aug 15 20:56:31 CEST 2019

E-Rundbrief Info 1885 - Amazonwatch: Indigenous Women Mobilize to
Resist Bolsonaro.

Bad Ischl, 15.8.2019

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Indigenous Women Mobilize to Resist Bolsonaro

https://amazonwatch.org/news/2019/0814-indigenous-women-mobilize-to-resist-bolsonaro?utm_source=A

14.8.2019

(Ausschnitt)

Yesterday, nearly 3,000 indigenous women leaders from across Brazil
staged a mobilization in the nation’s capital as part of the country’s
first Indigenous Women's March. Entitled "Territory: our body, our
spirit,” this historic gathering was in response to escalating
violations of indigenous rights under the Bolsonaro government, as
native peoples and their lands fall increasingly under assault.

“Ever since Bolsonaro said that there will not be one more centimeter
of land demarcated for indigenous peoples we have marched because,
with this affirmation, he declared war not only on indigenous peoples
but also on indigenous women,” Sônia Guajajara said. “This totally
authoritarian, conservative government seeks to erase and exploit our
territories, negating our right to exist.”

"We came to denounce the president’s hateful discourse, which has
increased violence and destruction in our territories, which directly
impacts us women. We are counting on international solidarity to
advance this movement for our future.”

Gesamter Text:

https://amazonwatch.org/news/2019/0814-indigenous-women-mobilize-to-resist-bolsonaro?utm_source=A

--

     Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
     Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit