[E-rundbrief] Info 1816 - Indigenous Peoples March, Washington DC, 18.1.2019

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Fr Jan 4 18:44:23 CET 2019

E-Rundbrief Info 1816 - Indigenous Peoples March in Washington DC on
January 18 2019.

Bad Ischl, 4.1.2019

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Indigenous Peoples March in Washington DC on January 18, 2019.

IT STARTS WITH A MARCH…#IPMDC19

The Indigenous Peoples Movement is a collective of Indigenous
activists, organizers, Tribal leaders, social entrepreneurs, artists,
educators, innovators, youth leaders, and change-makers who are
working to build the collective power of Indigenous Peoples,
communities and Nations.

On January 18, 2019, we are uniting the Indigenous Peoples across the
world to stand together to bring awareness to the injustices affecting
Indigenous men, women, and children. Indigenous people from North,
Central and South America, Oceania, Asia and the Caribbean are a
target of genocide. The Indigenous Peoples March will be the first
International march of its kind - this is history in the making!

Currently, many Indigenous People are victims of voter suppression,
divided families by walls and borders, an environmental holocaust, sex
and human trafficking, and police/military brutality with little to no
resources, nor awareness of this injustice.

We Must Unite and Help!!

We are inviting a ‘call to action’ for defenders of human and
environmental rights to join us, in Washington DC, in front of the
Office of Interior Affairs on January 18, 2019, at 8am (which is the
day before the Women's March, 19.1.2019,
https://www.womensmarch.com/2019). This will be the first step of
uniting our communities, tribes and nations in a universal cry for
justice from the grassroots level and up. This march is the beginning
of building strong coalitions to make our homes, families, and lands a
safe, protected, and a clean place to live.

The goal of The Indigenous Peoples Movement coalition is to eliminate
the borders of our injustices, as it all starts with us! Whether it is
asserting our inherent treaty rights to protect and manage traditional
land, waterways, or to engage in our traditional knowledge, the
Indigenous grassroots action is organized and strong!

The Washington DC inaugural march will also explore the challenges and
possible solutions to revitalize Indigenous Peoples’ identities and
encourage the protection of their rights in or outside of their
traditional territories.

Read more about Indigenous Peoples March and RSVP at:
https://indigenouspeoplesmovement.com/

Event details: https://indigenouspeoplesmovement.com/ipmdc19/

Advancing Indigenous Peoples' Rights and Cultures Worldwide, since 1972
Cultural Survival
2067 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02140, USA
(617) 441-5400
www.cs.org

--

     Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
     Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit