[E-rundbrief] Info 1722 - Gewaltfrei für Palästina

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Di Apr 3 12:19:52 CEST 2018

E-Rundbrief - Info 1722 - Gewaltfrei für die Grundrechte der
Palästinenser und ihrem #MarchForReturn ab 30.3.2018 - Informationen
aus Österreich, USA, Israel und Neuseeland.

Bad Ischl, 3.4.2018

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

9.4.2018 19:00 WIEN (Arabischer Kulturverein, Johann Strauss G. 34/4):
  Lecture and book presentation by Dr. Ramzy Baroud “The Last Earth, A
Palestinian Story”. (Frauen in Schwarz, Wien)
10.4.2018 19:00 WIEN (Österr.-Arabisches Begegnungszentrum, Kegelg.
24/ Ecke Blattg.) Vortrag von Dr. Ramzy Baroud in Arabisch

-----------------------

Letter from Rabbi Alissa Wise, Jewish Voice for Peace (JVP), USA
(Extracts)
2.4.2018
... No no no no no.
1,400 Palestinians were injured and 18 were killed in Gaza -
nonviolent protesters shot by Israeli soldiers during the
#MarchForReturn on Friday.
The Israeli military evidently believes that any time Palestinians
assert their basic rights in any way, they will be considered violent,
and met with deadly violence. This cannot stand...
We will not sit quiet while the IDF murders Palestinians demanding
their rights.
It feels impossible that this should be true. Like Sharpeville, Selma,
or Kent State, again and again into 2018.
Because I know in my heart that the right to peaceful protest is
sacrosanct. The biggest and boldest mobilizations of my lifetime are
rolling into the streets. It’s a truly beautiful thing.
These protesters - people just like you and me - prove that there’s
another way, one we have to recommit to today.
I think the only way truly forward is to recognize that there is a
root cause: 70 years of Nakba.
After all, that’s the reason 15,000 people were marching in the first
place.
The catastrophe of Palestinian dispossession and expulsion by the
Israeli government has gone on 70 years too long. And the
#MarchForReturn is about making good on the undeniable, basic right of
Palestinians, and all people, to live freely in their homelands...

Rabbi Alissa Wise
Deputy Director

Jewish Voice for Peace is a national membership organization inspired
by Jewish tradition to work for the justice, equality, and dignity of
all the people of Israel/Palestine...

Jewish Voice for Peace, Oakland, CA, USA
www.Jewishvoiceforpeace.org

-----------------------

Gush Shalom (Israel), 31.3.2018
After Gaza border bloodshed - protest at Likud Party HQ, Tel Aviv
http://zope.gush-shalom.org/home/en/events/1464389870

In Occupied Palestine - Zionism in practice
Israel’s Daily Toll on Palestinian Life, Limb, Liberty and Property
PHRC | Palestine Human Rights Campaign Aotearoa/New Zealand
Occupied Palestine newsletter at: the PHRC website: www.palestine.org.nz

Massacre in Gaza: Israeli Forces Open Fire on Palestinians, Killing
18, Wounding As Many As 1,700
Democracy Now, April 02, 2018 (with Radio and TV-reports)
www.democracynow.org/201/4/2/massacre_in_gaza_

--

     Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
     Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit