[E-rundbrief] Info 1599 - DAPL in Nord-Dakota - USA - Gewaltfreier Widerstand geht weiter

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Sa Mär 4 18:34:03 CET 2017

E-Rundbrief - Info 1599 - Fertigstellung der Dakota-Öl-Pipeline DAPL
in Nord-Dakota (USA) unter Trumps Befehl -  internationaler
gewaltfreier Widerstand von Indianern, Umweltschützern... geht weiter.
7. - 10.3.2017, Washington D.C.: Camp und Marsch "Prayer and Action"
nahe dem Weissen Haus.

Bad Ischl, 4.3.2017

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Die Fertigstellung der Dakota-Öl-Pipeline DAPL in Nord-Dakota (USA)
unter Trumps Befehl -  internationaler gewaltfreier Widerstand von
Indianern, Umweltschützern... geht weiter.
http://www.ocetisakowincamp.org , http://sacredstonecamp.org ,
https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2017/02/23/dapl-f23.html ,
https://www.democracynow.org/2017/2/23/headlines/north_dakota_eviction_of_pipeline_resistance_camp_underway
, https://nodaplsolidarity.org/about/ ,
http://standwithstandingrock.net/category/news/ ,
http://standingrock.org/ ,

  Letzte Meldungen: Zwangsräumung der gewaltfreien Widerstandscamps
Standing Rock, weiterer gewaltfreier Widerstand:
Washington D.C.: Native Nations Tipicamp neben dem Weissen Haus 7. -
10.3.2017, Prayer-and-Action-March 10.3.2017:
http://nativenationsrise.org/actions/ .

-------------------------

White House: Standing Rock Sioux Tribe to lead historic march on
Washington

Posted on March 3, 2017. Filed to: News, Press Releases

Cannon Ball, N.D. — On Friday, March 10, the Standing Rock Sioux tribe
will march with indigenous people and allies to oppose Trump’s
continued aggression on tribal nations and stand in solidarity with
all Native Nations to protect their sovereignty.

Since his inauguration, Trump has worked to force through the Dakota
Access Pipeline. He has disregarded the Environmental Impact Statement
process, ignored tribal consultation, and acted in clear violation of
treaty rights. Members of his administration have even blatantly lied
about their communication with the Tribe. The Tribe is marching to
call on the administration to hear why it’s critical for the U.S.
government to respect treaty rights.

“They want us to believe the fight is over – but we can still win
this. We can unite in peaceful, prayerful resistance against this
illegal pipeline,” said Chairman Dave Archambault II of the Standing
Rock Sioux Tribe. “Now, we are calling on all our Native relatives and
allies to rise with us. We must march against injustice – Native
nations cannot continue to be pushed aside to benefit corporate
interests and government whim.”

The Native Nations Rise March on Washington is proof that the Standing
Rock movement is bigger than one tribe. It has evolved into a powerful
global phenomenon highlighting the necessity to respect Indigenous
Nations and their right to protect their homelands, environment and
future generations.

Who: Standing Rock Sioux Tribe, grassroots allies, and tribal nations
from across the United States.

Featuring: Chairman Dave Archambault II, MN Rep. Peggy Flanagan,
Taboo, and many more speakers and performers.

What: Native Nations Rise March on Washington

Starting Tuesday, March 7, Native American tribes from across the
country will convene events throughout the city leading up to the
march. An encampment will be built on the National Mall (no overnight
camping allowed).

When: Friday March 10, 2017 at 10am

Where: The march will start at the Army Corps of Engineers Office, 441
G St NW,

Washington, DC 20314 and culminate in a rally at Lafayette Square.

For those who cannot march with us, we ask that you take peaceful
action at home in your tribal nations, states, cities, towns, villages
and provinces.

For more information on the march: www.standwithstandingrock.net/march

Full list of events of Native Nations Rise March 7th-10th:
www.nativenationsrise.org

https://risestronger.org/events/march-10-stand-with-standing-rock

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

--

Ausgezeichnet mit dem (österr.) "Journalismus-Preis von unten 2010"

Honoured by the (Austrian) "Journalism-Award from below 2010"