[E-rundbrief] Info 1577 - Victory for Dakota - Stop US-Pipeline

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Mo Dez 5 18:01:47 CET 2016

E-Rundbrief - Info 1577 - Earthjustice, Daily Cos u.a. (USA): Dakota
Access Pipeline - Victory for Standing Rock: DAPL Easement Not Granted
- Legal Case.

Bad Ischl, 5.12.2016

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Als Ergänzung zum Bericht "Indianischer gewaltfreier Widerstand in den
USA" in unserem "Rundbrief Nr. 158, 3/2016", Seite 4-5:
http://lists.horus.com/pipermail/e-rundbrief/2016/001639.html

Kritische Beobachter warnen allerdings, dass damit Präsident Obama nur
einen Aufschub bis zum Ende seiner Amtszeit - Mitte Jänner 2017 -
erreicht. Sein Nachfolger Trump und die Öl-Lobby in seiner Regierung
könnte den Weiterbau der Pipeline - und weiterer - mit aller Gewalt
durchsetzen, auch wenn er dabei einen sich ausbreitenden Widerstand
riskiert.

Matthias Reichl

--------------------------

Victory for Standing Rock: DAPL Easement Not Granted - Legal Case
The Dakota Access Pipeline

Some links to the "good news":

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/4/1607204/--StandWithStandingRock-VICTORY?detail

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/4/1607182/-BREAKING-UPDATE-OBAMA-DENIES-DAPL-EASEMENT-LIVE-UPDATE-FROM-STANDING-ROCK?detail

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/12/4/1607205/-In-huge-victory-for-Standing-Rock-Sioux-Army-Corps-of-Engineers-deny-easement-for-pipeline?detail

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/12/4/1607226/-Standing-Rock-Sioux-Tribe-Issues-Statement-on-Corps-Decision-to-Not-Grant-Easement?detail

---------------------

Victory: The Dakota Access Corporation was not granted the easement
needed for construction under Lake Oahe; U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
moves to prepare an Environmental Impact Statement for alternative routes.

http://earthjustice.org/news/press/2016/victory-for-standing-rock-dapl-easement-not-granted?utm_

... Today is a historic day both for the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe and
for indigenous people everywhere. This pipeline never should have been
routed near these sacred lands in the first place, and it absolutely
never should have received permits without a thorough and meaningful
discussion of the risks and benefits to affected Indian Tribe... (Auszug)

Jan Hasselman

Earthjustice attorney who represented the Standing Rock Sioux Tribe in
their lawsuit

December 4, 2016
STANDING ROCK —

Statement from Standing Rock Sioux Tribe Chairman, Dave Archambault II:

“We wholeheartedly support the decision of the administration and
commend with the utmost gratitude the courage it took on the part of
President Obama, the Army Corps, the Department of Justice and the
Department of the Interior to take steps to correct the course of
history and to do the right thing.

“We want to thank everyone who played a role in advocating for this
cause. We thank the tribal youth who initiated this movement. We thank
the millions of people around the globe who expressed support for our
cause. We thank the thousands of people who came to the camps to
support us, and the tens of thousands who donated time, talent, and
money to our efforts to stand against this pipeline in the name of
protecting our water. We especially thank all of the other tribal
nations and jurisdictions who stood in solidarity with us, and we
stand ready to stand with you if and when your people are in need.

“With this decision we look forward to being able to return home and
spend the winter with our families and loved ones, many of whom have
sacrificed as well. We look forward to celebrating in wopila, in
thanks, in the coming days.”

Please visit our main resource page for background information:
http://earthjustice.org/features/faq-standing-rock-litigation

Here are more details about the Environmental Impact Statement process:
http://www.spk.usace.army.mil/Missions/Regulatory/Permitting/Environmental-Impact-Statements/

Take Action

“It's all we have left. You cannot rebuild this.”
– Dana WilsonLummi Nation Member, on the fight to stop a proposed tar
sands pipeline that threatens the future of the Pacific Northwest's
Salish Sea.

The Stories to Read On Oil:
Northwest Tribes Continue to Oppose Massive Pipeline Expansion in
Canada.
http://earthjustice.org/news/press/2016/northwest-tribes-continue-to-oppose-massive-pipeline-expansion-in-canada

Pawnee Nation of Oklahoma Files Suit to Protect Lands and Water from
Illegal Gas Drilling.
http://earthjustice.org/news/press/2016/pawnee-nation-of-oklahoma-files-suit-to-protect-lands-and-water-from-illegal-gas-drilling

Protect those living in the shadow of oil refineries.
https://secure.earthjustice.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=1913

Clean Lake Okeechobee's Water, Don’t Move it Around:
org/blog/2016-december/commentary-clean-lake-o-water-don-t-move-it-around

Undermined Australia pursues plans to mine millions of tons of
climate-polluting coal from the traditional lands of the Wangan and
Jagalingou people: http://earthjustice.org/features/undermined

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

--

Ausgezeichnet mit dem (österr.) "Journalismus-Preis von unten 2010"

Honoured by the (Austrian) "Journalism-Award from below 2010"