[E-rundbrief] Info 1349 - Export of US-Hellfire missiles to Israel stopped

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Do Aug 14 17:56:18 CEST 2014

E-Rundbrief - Info 1349 - US Campaign to Ende the Israeli Occupation
(USA): Senior Obama Administration Official: “It’s Not OK Anymore”.
Export of US-Hellfire missiles to Israel stopped.

Bad Ischl, 14.8.2014

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Senior Obama Administration Official: “It’s Not OK Anymore”

14.8.2014

Breaking news! According to an article in today’s Wall Street Journal,
the Obama administration has placed a hold on the transfer to Israel
of Hellfire missiles, which have been fired by the Israeli air force
at Palestinians in the Gaza Strip from its US-supplied fleet of Apache
and Cobra helicopter gunships during Israel’s current attack.

On top of that, the paper reports that all US weapons transfers to
Israel will be scrutinized at “the highest levels” from now on.
According to a senior Obama administration official, this decision
amounts to “the United States saying ‘The buck stops here. Wait a
second…It’s not OK anymore.’”

This is the first time that we know of that the Obama administration
has ever taken any action to curtail US weapons deliveries to Israel.

The Obama administration is going to come under immense pressure from
the Israel lobby to reverse these decisions, so we need your help today.

This is a first, but very significant, step toward our overall goal of
ending US military aid and weapons transfers to Israel, and placing an
arms embargo on Israel...

Sincerely,
Josh Ruebner, Policy Director

End the Occupation
US Campaign to Ende the Israeli Occupation

---------------------

More informations from US-campaigns:

http://org.salsalabs.com/o/641/blastContent.jsp

www.worldcantwait.net

http://www.bdsmovement.net/stoparmingisrael

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

--

Ausgezeichnet mit dem (österr.) "Journalismus-Preis von unten 2010"

Honoured by the (Austrian) "Journalism-Award from below 2010"