[E-rundbrief] Info 1241 - Vanunu in Israel weiter eingesperrt

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Do Jul 18 13:13:02 CEST 2013

E-Rundbrief - Info 1241 - Mordechai Vanunu (Israel) weiter durch den
israelischen Staat behindert und an der Ausreise gehindert.

Bad Ischl, 18.7.2013

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Mordechai Vanunu war von 1986 bis 2004 wegen "Verrat israelischer
atomarer Geheimnisse" in einem israelischen Gefängnis eingesperrt.
Seit seiner Freilassung 2004 steht er weiter unter Hausarrest und darf
  Israel nicht verlassen.

------------

Die neueste Meldung auf  http://www.vanunu.com/ :

Hi,
This is Vanunu ,

May 28th 2013.
The new Interior minister renew the restriction, not to leave the
country for one more year. Now the 10th year since my release 2004-2014.

So as I said before, Israel with 200 Atomic weapons, Hydrogen, Neutron
bombs,
the only thing they can do is to arrest Vanunu, 1986-2013.
This is a real Bullshit state.
Freedom Now!.

I am now visiting with foreigners. I am ready to meet anyone who is
coming here.

--------------

Ein norwegischer Rechtsanwalt kümmert sich seit Jahren um Vanunus
Ausreise: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fredrik_Heffermehl

---------------

Tell Nuclear Truths

Jul 15 (2013)

To: Navi Pillay, UN High Commissioner for Human Rights

We thank you for your "appeal to all States to respect the
internationally guaranteed right to seek asylum, in accordance with
Article 14 of the Universal Declaration and Article 1 of the UN
Convention relating to the status of Refugees, and to make any such
determination in accordance with...
…

Israel's Nuclear Whistle Blower was born in Morocco and he has
requested asylum from many states ever since he emerged from 18 years
[most all in solitary confinement] in a windowless tomb sized cell on
21 April 2004.

Israel has claimed they can not allow Vanunu the right to leave Israel
because he "still has a secret" about their WMD Facility that he has
not set foot into since 1985.

The Establishment of Israel's very statehood was contingent upon
upholding the UN UNIVERSAL DECLARATION of HUMAN RIGHTS and ALL Member
States are obligated to hold ALL other Member States to it.

Article 19 enshrines: "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion
and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without
interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas
through any media and regardless of frontiers."

Article 13 affirms: "Everyone has the right to freedom of movement and
residence within the borders of each state. Everyone has the right to
leave any country, including his own, and to return to his country."

Clearly, Vanunu's imprisonment violates these mandates and Israel must
be held accountable!
_______________

Edward Snowden speaks from Moscow's Sheremetyevo Airport to the World (*)

In 1986, Israel kidnapped Mordechai Vanunu from Rome and convicted him
of treason and espionage after a closed door trial.

Article 9 of the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
states: "No one shall he subjected to arbitrary arrest or detention",
including abduction of a person by agents of one state to another state.

According to Section 99 of the Israeli Penal Code, treason is defined
as "an act calculated to assist (an enemy) in time of war...delivering
information with the intention that it fall into the hands of the enemy."

Section 113 defines aggravated espionage as "deliver(ing) any secret
information without being authorized to do so and with intent to
impair the security of the state" and a sub-clause provides for a
penalty of seven years for the unauthorized collection, preparation,
recording or holding of secret information; if this is done with
intent to impair the security of the state and then, the penalty is
increased to 15 years.

Vanunu got 18 years in jail and for the last 10 years he has been
under 24/7 surveillance.

Vanunu was also rendered defenseless when the court ruled that his
motivations were not ideological and they refused to allow Vanunu's
own statements regarding his intentions to be considered in his defense.

January 25, 2006, was the first day of Vanunu's Freedom of Speech
Trial which concluded in 2010 with another 78 days in solitary
confinement essentially for speaking to foreign media in 2004!

On February 22, 2006, it was revealed in Court that Israel had gotten
Microsoft to hand over all the details of Vanunu's Hotmail account
before a court order had been obtained by eluding that he was being
charged for espionage.

Vanunu wrote, "Microsoft obeyed the orders and gave them all the
details three months before I was arrested and my computers were
confiscated.

"It is strange to ask Microsoft to give this information before
obtaining the court order to listen to my private conversations. It
means they wanted to go through my emails in secret, or maybe, with
the help of the secret services, the Shaback, Mossad.

"Sfard [Vanunu's attorney] proved that the police had misled the
judges who gave the orders to arrest me: to search my room, to go
through my email, to confiscate my computers and that they misled
Microsoft to believe they are helping in a case of espionage.

"The State came to the court with two special secret Government
orders; Hisaion [documents or information that are deemed confidential
by the government and kept from the court, the defendant, and lawyers.]

"This allows the prosecution to keep documents related to my court
hearing secret. One was from the Minister for Interior Security and
one from the Minister of Defense."

Vanunu's secretly taped police interrogations, his 2004 Christmas Eve
arrest for "attempting to leave the country" when he tried to
celebrate his first Christmas out of prison at the Church of the
Nativity in Bethlehem and the confiscation of his private property by
thirty Israeli Forces that stormed into his room at St. George's
Cathedral in 2004, had all "been done under the false and misleading
statements to the courts of 'suspicion of espionage', and yet they are
not charging me with spy crimes and the fact is that I have not
committed any crimes."- Mordechai Vanunu

*)
http://www.causes.com/actions/1756666-to-un-high-commissioner-for-human-rights-and-all-member-states-udhr?utm_campaign=activity_mailer%2Fcustom_activity_mail&utm_medium=email&utm_source=causes&token=MY8_j0MEM3B3Ge4mne6TAA3C

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

--

Ausgezeichnet mit dem (österr.) "Journalismus-Preis von unten 2010"

Honoured by the (Austrian) "Journalism-Award from below 2010"