[E-rundbrief] Info 1013 - Vanunu wants to leave Israel

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Sa Mai 7 17:09:08 CEST 2011

E-Rundbrief - Info 1013 - The Israeli Committee for A Middle East Free
of Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Arms (Israel): Mordechai Vanunu
wants Revocation of Israeli Citizenship and to leave Israel after 25
years of oppression by state authorities.

Bad Ischl, 7.5.2011

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Press release, May 7, 2011

Morderchai Vanunu demands to apply a recently passed law and revoke
his Israeli citizenship. "I have no interest in Israeli citienship, I
don’t want to go on living here".

To Mr. Eli Yishai, Minister of the Interior, 2 Kaplan Street, Hakirya,
Jerusalem

Re: Revocation of Citizenship

I am Mordechai Vanunu, who was kidnapped in Rome on September 30,
1986, by the security services of Israel.

I was tried by the Jerusalem District Court, convicted of espionage,
treason and assistance to the enemy and sentenced to 18 years
imprisonment, following a newspaper interview to the London "Sunday
Times" where I told of the production of materials for nuclear arms in
Israel.

I have enacted the democratic principle of the public's right to know.

I have spent 18 years at the Ashkelon Prison, mostly under conditions
of complete isolation. On April 21, 2004 I was released, under severe
restrictions.

Seven years have passed and the restrictions are renewed again and
again, every year, on the basis of the 1945 Defense (Emergency)
Regulations. Now these restrictions are about to be renewed for yet
another year.

Since my release I lived for six years in East Jerusalem. Since
September 2010 I have lived in Tel Aviv.

On June 1986 I have converted to Anglican Christianity.

Recently, the Knesset passed a law authorizing the revocation of
Israeli citizenship for those convicted of espionage and treason.

For 25 years I am waiting and demanding the restoration of my complete
freedom.

I am asking the State of Israel to revoke my citizenship.

This wish for revocation of citizenship is neither new nor recent.

Now, however, it is supported by the new Citizenship Revocation Law,
passed on March 28, 2011.

I am asking and expecting that this law be enforced to the letter, and
that my citizenship be revoked here and now, under the spirit of the law.

I have no other citizenship, but I can easily get one, even during my
enforced sojourn in Israel, and certainly if I leave the country.

After the treatment and "care" which I got from this country and its
citizens, I cannot feel myself a wanted citizen here.

In the Israeli media and on the Israeli streets I am called "The
Atomic Spy" and "A traitor", harassed and persecuted as an Enemy of
the State for 25 years.

I feel myself still imprisoned, still a prisoner of war and a hostage,
held by the state and the government.

After 25 years of getting various harsh penalties from the state, I
would like to see an end to punishments and the realization of my
basic human right to freedom.

I wish to exercise my right to the Freedom of Conscience and the
Freedom of Choice, by choosing not to be a citizen of Israel.

I have no interest in Israeli citizenship, I do not want to live here.

I ask that you revoke my citizenship here and now.

I request that you set me free of Israel, since Israel does not want
me nor do I want Israel.

All that I knew I told, already in 1986, to the English newspaper. I
have no further confidential information.

The time has come to let me leave Israel, after 25 years of
imprisonment, a full quarter of a century!

Mordechai Vanunu

(c/o Att. Avigdor Feldman, 10 Huberman Street, Tel Aviv)

Copies: The President, Prime Minister, Defense Minister, Foreign
Minister and Justice Minister.

        http://www.youtube.com/user/vanunuvmjc?feature=mhum
                 http://www.vanunu.com/
                   Facebook    Vanunu Mordechai.
  Email. vanunuvmjc [at] gmail.com

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

--

Ausgezeichnet mit dem (österr.) "Journalismus-Preis von unten 2010"

Honoured by the (Austrian) "Journalism-Award from below 2010"