[E-rundbrief] Info 976 - Journalism-Award Maria and Matthias Reichl

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Sa Jan 1 17:54:52 CET 2011

E-Rundbrief - Info 976 - The "Journalism-Award from below 2010" for
Maria and Matthias Reichl; Honouring our radio-programs „Ways of
Encounter“ ("Begegnungswege") in the Free Radio Salzkammergut .

Bad Ischl, 1.1.2011

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

Journalism-Award from below 2010 for Maria and Matthias Reichl

Honouring our radio-programs „Ways of Encounter“ in the Free Radio
Salzkammergut

The Austrian "Armutskonferenz (Conference on Poverty)" has founded a
special award "Journalismus-Preis von unten (Journalism-Award from
below)" - occasion of the EU-"Year against Poverty and Social
Exclusion". (13 "Free-Radios" contributed to it with 26 programs
"Zumutbar (reasonable)".)

In the laureate-speach, the jury - people with personal experiences in
poverty - honoured with an award for „radio“ our series of
radio-programs "Begegnungswege (Ways of Encounter)" in 2010, aired
twice a month by the "Free Radio Salzkammergut" (and other Free Radios):

"... They have focused in their one-hour-radio-program many
time-relevant themes like 'minimal financial security', 'unconditional
basic income' and the European Year against Poverty and Social
Exclusion. We specially emphasize their extensive covering of the
poverty-theme despite their scarcity of resources in a free radio."
(Free translation by Matthias).

We have continously reported about social problems and conflicts in
our radio-programs - started  seven years ago - and additional in our
printed and electronical newsletters.

Congratulations from friends worldwide - and cooperations - do support
our hard work and provide us with the energy to continue.

We thank You all for your solidarity!

You can find details and fotos on the Journalism-Award from below
among others (texts in German):

http://freiesradio.at/content/journalistenpreis-039begegnungswege039

The document:

http://www.begegnungszentrum.at/UrkundeJournalismuspreis2010.pdf

generally

http://www.armutskonferenz.at

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit