[E-rundbrief] Info 643 - Peace with Nature - Hopi UN-message

Matthias Reichl info at begegnungszentrum.at
Di Jan 29 18:47:56 CET 2008

E-Rundbrief - Info 643 - The Hopi Message To The United Nations General
Assembly, submitted by Thomas Banyacya, Kykyotsmovi, Arizona, December
10, 1992 (Auszug)

Bad Ischl, 29.1.2008

Begegnungszentrum für aktive Gewaltlosigkeit

www.begegnungszentrum.at

The Hopi Message To The United Nations General Assembly

Submitted By Thomas Banyacya, Kykyotsmovi, Arizona

December 10, 1992

(Auszug)

...This Hopi ceremonial rattle represents Mother Earth. The line running
around it is a time line and indicates that we are in the final days of
the prophecy. What have you as individuals, as nations and as the world
body been doing to take care of this Earth? In the Earth today, humans
poison their own food, water and air with pollution. Many of us
including children are left to starve. Many wars are still being fought.
Greed and concern for material things is a common disease.

In this Western hemisphere, our homeland, many original native people
are landless, homeless, starving and have no medical help.

The Hopi knew humans would develop many powerful technologies that would
be abused. In this century we have seen the First World War and the
Second World War in which the predicted gourd of ashes which you call
the atomic bomb fell from the sky with great destruction. Many thousands
of people were destroyed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

For many years there has been great fear and danger of World War Three.
The Hopi believe the Persian Gulf War was the beginning of World War
Three but it was stopped and the worst weapons of destruction were not
used. This is now a time to weigh the choices for our future. We do have
a choice. If you, the nations of this Earth create another great war,
the Hopi believe we humans will burn ourselves to death with ashes.
That's why the spiritual Elders stress strongly that the United Nations
fully open the door for native spiritual leaders to speak as soon as
possible.

Nature itself does not speak with a voice that we can easily understand.
Neither can the animals and birds we are threatening with extinction
talk to us. Who in this world can speak for nature and the spiritual
energy that creates and flows through all life? In every continent are
humanbeings who are like you but who have not separated themselves from
the land and from nature. It is through their voice that Nature can
speak to us. You have heard those voices and many messages from the four
corners of the world today. I have studied comparative religion and I
think in your own nations and cultures you have knowledge of the
consequences of living out of balance with nature and spirit. The native
peoples of the world have seen and spoken to you about the destruction
of their lives and homelands, the ruination of nature and the
desecration of their sacred sites. It is time the United Nations used
its rules to investigate these occurrences and stop them now...

Aus: www.alphacdc.com/banyacya/un92.html

--

Matthias Reichl, Pressesprecher/ press speaker,
Begegnungszentrum fuer aktive Gewaltlosigkeit